1891 – First Board of Directors elected to the “Charity Organization Society” founded to meet welfare needs in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Established a plan for distribution of extra food to all needy persons at Thanksgiving and at Christmas.
1895 – Established the Woodyard as a means of employment for wayfarers.
1896 – Lancaster County Board of Commissioners encouraged the Society to expand its services and helped finance the cost of these services.
1900 – Provided lodging for homeless persons.
1901 – Established an “Industrial Room” where homeless persons could work in return for their room and board.
1903 – The Society was instrumental in the promotion of the law establishing the Juvenile Court.
1904 – Inaugurated Lincoln’s first visiting nurse program.
1905 – Purchased land at 228 South Tenth Street.
1906 – Completed a two-story building at 228 South Tenth. Dedication of building and open house held on January 23.
1908 – Purchased land and a building at 746 Rose Street and gave the property to Lancaster County for a Detention Home for juvenile offenders.
1909 – Established a Children’s Aid Committee and officially adopted the practice of giving direct relief.
Established day nursery for working mothers.
1910 – Purchased two additional lots for the County Board of Commissioners for extension of services at 746 Rose Street.
Developed Legal Aid service.
Developed Travelers Aid service.
1911 – Coordinated visiting nurses services with the Lincoln Public Schools.
1912 – Became a member of “The National Association of Societies for Organizing Charity” (which is now Family Service America).
1913 – Supported the Mothers’ Pension bill.
Sponsored a legislative bill for probation of adults.