Education, Benefits, Support.

Family Service WIC wants to see your family happy, healthy, and thriving. We provide food benefits, nutrition education, breastfeeding help, and the support you need to help keep your family healthy and strong.

We’re here for you.

What we do

We strive to improve the health of pregnant women, new moms, infants, and children.


How we do it

We introduce healthy foods, educate about nutrition, provide breastfeeding support, and encourage healthy habits with assessments and referrals.


In 2022, 2,995 mothers and children received WIC resources and benefits

Is my family eligible? Am I eligible?


Must live in Nebraska


Pregnant or postpartum women, or infants and children up to age 5


Income Eligible or if currently active with Medicaid, SNAP, or TANF


Your Title Goes Here

Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

Are all WIC Clinics in Lincoln the same?

There are 2 different agencies: Family Service WIC and Lincoln Lancaster County Health Department WIC. Both WIC agencies have satellite locations. To find a location closest to you, use this link; NE WIC, and put in your zip code. The great thing is, all WIC Clinics in Lincoln give you the same great benefits!!  

Can I participate in the SNAP program at the same time as WIC?

Yes, you can! If you participate in the SNAP program you automatically qualify for WIC. Give us a call today to get signed up!!

What are the income guidelines to qualify for the WIC program?

If you and/or your children receive Medicaid, SNAP, or ADC, you automatically qualify for WIC. If you don’t participate in one of the programs previously mentioned, to find the WIC income guidelines click on NE WIC Income Guidelines to see if you qualify. Give us a call today to get signed up!!

If I have a miscarriage can I participate in WIC?

Yes, WIC is for all pregnant, breastfeeding, postpartum women, and children under the age of 5 years old. If a woman has a miscarriage, she would be considered postpartum and can participate in WIC for up to 6 months after miscarriage happens.

If I lose my shopping card, how do I get a replacement card?

You would need to go into your local office to get a replacement card.

Your Title Goes Here

Your content goes here. Edit or remove this text inline or in the module Content settings. You can also style every aspect of this content in the module Design settings and even apply custom CSS to this text in the module Advanced settings.

I don’t have benefits on my card, what is wrong?

If you don’t have benefits on your card, give us a call at 402-205-7685. We can help you figure it out!!

What documents do I need to bring for my 1st appointment?

Please bring proof of ID for each person applying, proof of income, and proof of address. To find out what you can bring for each type of documentation please click on What proofs can I bring?

Do I need to report income changes to WIC?

Yes, any change to your income will need to be looked at to determine if you still fall within our income guidelines. Remember, if your family receives SNAP or ADC, or if the child enrolled in WIC receives Medicaid, we do not look at your income because those programs automatically qualify you for WIC.

Can I apply for WIC if I am not a citizen?

Yes, you can. All we need is some form of identification. That can be a passport or any type of foreign ID that is still valid. Click here to look at other options of identification.

Can I get more formula if I run out before the month is over?

WIC is a supplemental program, there might be some months that you will need to buy extra formula. We are allowed to give a maximum number of cans for specific age groups. Give us a call to make sure you are getting the maximum amount. Did you know you can use SNAP benefits to purchase formula?

All Caregivers are Welcome

We talk a lot about moms, but we offer support to anyone (working or not) who cares for a child. That includes dads, grandparents, foster parents, step-parents, and guardians.

Family Service WIC Locations

Mill Towne
501 S 7th St.

Phone:  (402) 205-7685
Fax:  (402) 441-6466
M-F: 8:00am – 4:30pm
1 Saturday per Month 8:00am – 12:00pm

First United Methodist Church
2723 N 50th St.
(402) 205-7685
One Friday a month

Southern Heights Presbyterian Church
5750 S 40th St.

(402) 205-7685
One Thursday a month

Additional Resources


Family Service WIC Facebook Page

Nebraska WIC Program Website

WIC Participant Video

Family Service WIC Facebook Group

Nebraska WIC Program Website

Family Service WIC TikTok

Request An Appointment With WIC

Follow these steps to request an appointment.

Step #1: Determine What Kind Of Appointment You Will Need

1) Certification – Are you new to WIC? Did you have WIC in the past but currently don’t receive WIC benefits for you or your child(ren)?

2) Recertification – Are you or your child(ren) currently on WIC in Nebraska and has it been 1 year since we have seen documentation for you or your child(ren)? Did you miss an appointment that required you to come into the office?

3) Nutrition Education – Did you just come into the office for your last visit and needing to check in with us about how the kids are doing? Do you not have benefits on your card and missed a phone call appointment?

4) WIC Transfer – Are you currently receiving WIC benefits from another state and just moved to Nebraska?

5) Custody Change/Foster Change – Did you receive custody of a child that is receiving WIC? Are you a Foster parent of a child that has been receiving WIC?

6) Food Package Change – Do you currently have benefits for yourself or your child(ren) and need to make a change to the benefits you are receiving?

Each appointment is 45 minutes long + 15 minutes for each additional child.

Step #2: Gather The Correct Documents For Your Appointment

There is certain documentation needed for every appointment. You will need to bring with you:

  1. Acceptable Identification for yourself and any child or children you are bringing.
  2. Verification of Address.
  3. Verification of Income.

Need help? Click here to see what documentation is acceptable and needed for your appointment.

Step #3: Request An Appointment Below


Nondiscrimination Statement

In accordance with federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, this institution is prohibited from discriminating on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex (including gender identity and sexual orientation), disability, age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity.

Program information may be made available in languages other than English. Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication to obtain program information (e.g., Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language), should contact the responsible state or local agency that administers the program or USDA’s TARGET Center at (202) 720-2600 (voice and TTY) or contact USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339.

To file a program discrimination complaint, a Complainant should complete a Form AD-3027, USDA Program Discrimination Complaint Form which can be obtained online at: https://www.usda.gov/sites/default/files/documents/USDA-OASCR%20P-Complaint-Form-0508-0002-508-11-28-17Fax2Mail.pdf, from any USDA office, by calling (866) 632-9992, or by writing a letter addressed to USDA. The letter must contain the complainant’s name, address, telephone number, and a written description of the alleged discriminatory action in sufficient detail to inform the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights (ASCR) about the nature and date of an alleged civil rights violation. The completed AD-3027 form or letter must be submitted to USDA by:

  1. mail:
    U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410; or
  2. fax:
    (833) 256-1665 or (202) 690-7442; or
  3. email:
    [email protected]

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.


check out our other programs

Youth Development Program

Behavorial Health Program

Child Care Food Program

Housing and Support Services

Community Crops