How we can help
What we do
Provide life-long learning opportunities and partner with schools, families and
neighborhood residents to promote youth development and stronger communities.
How we do it
Before and After School Programs
Community Learning Centers
86% met or exceeded State Standards in science
Family Service Lincoln is a safe and exciting program filled with fun and creative learning centers that are designed for children to learn through play and active involvement. With fantastic indoor and outdoor play areas, children have daily opportunities for exploratory activities and large muscle play. We use appropriate curriculums for each age group designed to recognize the different levels of ability and development.
We employ a professional staff who acknowledges individual differences in the children and creates an environment that allows children to develop at their own pace through active exploration. The children are involved in activities that meet their specific needs in all development areas including emotional, social, and physical and intellectual.
Family Service Youth Development Program Locations:
- Adams Elementary School
- Beattie Elementary School
- Cavett Elementary School
- Eastridge Elementary School
- Dawes Community School
- Fredstrom Elementary School
- Hill Elementary School
- Holmes Community School
- Humann Elementary School
- Huntington Community School
- Kloefkorn Elementary School
- Maxey Elementary School
- Meadow Lane Elementary School
- Morley Elementary School
- Prescott Community School
- Riley Community School
- Rousseau Elementary School
- Saratoga Community School
- Sheridan Elementary School
- West Lincoln Community School
Family Service Youth Development Programs are outside of the home and are designed for children/youth in Kindergarten through 8th Grade. Programs are non-discriminatory and staff will not deny service due to race, color, national origin, religion or gender. Staff will utilize interpreters within the agency or C.H.I.R.P. as needed for language and communication needs of families and/or staff.
Children/Youth are enrolled on the basis that they can participate in the program; and the program can meet the needs of the child/youth and family. The Parent/Legal Guardian, Site Supervisor, Program Supervisor, and Program Coordinator are able to assess and make the decision to enroll a child/youth on the ability of child/youth to participate in the program. Staff and/or parents will determine that programs are not the appropriate service for the child/youth. The staff will refer the family to the NRRS – Nebraska Resource and Referral System (402) 472-0844 or www.nrrs.ne.gov; and/or other agencies to assist families with finding appropriate services.
POPULATION DEMOGRAPHICS (*as of 12/31/2010)
- 5% of our children are 6 weeks to 5 years old
- 80% of our youth are elementary school students
- 15% of our youth are middle school students
- 30% to 40% are low-income high risk children/youth
- 30% to 35% are children/youth from diverse cultural backgrounds
- 25% to 30% are children/youth from single parent families
- 51% of our children/youth are male
- 49% of our children/youth are female
DAYS AND HOURS OF OPERATION
Monday through Friday
*Special Events may be scheduled on Saturdays
- Main Office – 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Family Resource Center – Monday-Friday 6:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Community Learning Centers 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
- Before & Afterschool Programs 7:00-9:00 a.m. & 2:45-5:45 p.m.
- Full Day Youth Development Programs 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Family Service will close in observance of the following holidays. Family Service will close the prior Friday or following Monday for holidays that fall on a Saturday or Sunday.
- New Year’s Day
- Memorial Day
- Independence Day
- Labor Day
- Thanksgiving & the Friday after Thanksgiving
- Christmas Day
Special Events/Clubs (Enrichment Clubs, Family Nights, Adult Programs, etc) will be offered on a varying schedule and schedule is communicated to child/youth, families, partners and schools via newsletter and other outreach methods.
If you need to make a payment please call our office number at 402-441-7949 to make a credit card payment over the phone.
“The Nebraska Arts Council and Prescott Elementary move the lesson outside of the classroom through intergenerational activities that teach the importance of our elderly community.”
Please complete the information below and we'll reach out to you. We're happy to help!
View All Below