Family Service Lincoln
In collaboration with others, the mission of Family Service is to provide quality programs and services, which effectively assist and strengthen individuals and families in our community.
- Family Service provides more than 5,000,000 meals each year through a USDA food program in 85 Nebraska counties. This program feeds almost 21,000 children in more than 1,312 licensed home child-care facilities.
- Family Service delivers the Women, Infant and Children (WIC) program to 3,000 people in Lancaster County each month. Services include nutrition and breast feeding education as well as formula, milk and other staples.
- Family Service cares for more than 1,700 children who take part in our child care and early childhood programs based in 20 Lincoln Public Schools.
- Family Service counsels families and individuals with behavioral health sessions at 13 specific local schools.
- Family Service partners with a variety of federal, state, local and non-profit agencies to make available a number of other innovative programs to assist Nebraska families.
- Family Service Early Childhood and Youth Development programs granted over $694,000 in free and reduced rate scholarships to children during 2011-2012 school year.